Calling All Advocates & Partners in Oklahoma’s Fight Against Hunger!
Over the next few days, Congress will decide the fate of hunger-relief programs like TEFAP and SNAP in the Farm Bill, and we need to mobilize thousands of phone calls to make sure they protect hungry families by investing in TEFAP and protecting SNAP. The Regional Food Bank is joining anti-hunger organizations across the country for a national-call in day, and we need you to use your voice on behalf of hungry families in our community. Please make a phone call to your Members of Congress today to help ensure that struggling Oklahomans still have access to programs that help put food on the table.
Calling Congress is easy! Here’s how:
- Call Feeding America’s advocacy hotline at 1-(888)-398-8702.
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. Connect to your Representative first. Once you are connected to your Representative, state that you are a constituent and give your name and your hometown. Be sure to give the name of the food bank or local agency you are affiliated with as well.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:
As a constituent and supporter of the Regional Food Bank and local charities in my community, I am calling you today to ask you to oppose cutting SNAP and also ensure that $300 million is invested in the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) for food banks in the final Farm Bill. Reducing our nation’s deficit is both an important and difficult issue, but we simply can’t afford to balance the budget on the backs of my hometown’s hungry and most vulnerable persons.
Also don’t forget to:
- Dial back in to make sure you talk to both of your Senators and your Representative.
- Recruit others by spreading the word through your social media channels!
- For additional questions, resource materials, or any other assistance, please contact Torri Christian at 405-600-3129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNAP Facts, Myths & Realities
- Farm Bill: The Perfect Storm
- Farm Bill Conference Talking Points
- Charity Can't Make Up Lost SNAP Meals
Advocate for Oklahoma's Hungry
It takes more than food to fight hunger. The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is committed to advocating for programs and policies that guarantee adequate nutrition for all Oklahomans. Help us raise awareness about the reality of hunger in Oklahoma and advocate for legislation that addresses the many factors that contribute to food insecurity. Together, we can make a difference.
Become an Advocate for Oklahoma's Hungry
For more information, please contact Torri Christian at email@example.com or 405-600-3129.