"The generosity of Oklahomans during these annual drives will help provide more than 1.1 million meals for our neighbors in need of food assistance in central and western Oklahoma," said Katie Fitzgerald, chief executive officer of the Regional Food Bank. “We are so grateful for the businesses and letter carriers who donate their time to make these events happen each year.”
Twenty-eight businesses in the Oklahoma City-area participated in the Feeding Hope drive throughout the month of May. The businesses earned points by donating funds, food and volunteer time to benefit the Regional Food Bank.
On May 11, letter carriers in more than 135 cities in central and western Oklahoma collected canned food donations from homes along their routes as part of the 27th annual National Association of Letter Carriers' Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive.
On June 11, the Regional Food Bank recognized the following businesses for their support in fighting hunger:
- CFS Brands - First place for overall most pounds of food collected.
- Quail Creek Bank - Second place for overall most pounds of food collected and second place for most meals raised by a company of less than 100 employees.
- American Fidelity Assurance Company - First place for most meals raised by a company with more than 500 employees.
- Love's Travel Stops - Second place for most meals raised by a company with more than 500 employees.
- APMEX.com - First place for most money donated and first place for most meals raised by a company with less than 499 employees.
- Gateway Companies - Second place for most money donated by a company with less than 499 employees.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber - First place for most meals raised by a company with less than 100 employees.
Feeding Hope and Letter Carriers' Food and Fund Drive is presented by APMEX.com and the Cresap Family Foundation. The drive is also sponsored by Allen Lund Company, American Fidelity, Ascent Resources, Bank of Oklahoma, Chesapeake Energy, Devon Energy, JAKE FM, KOMA, La Zeta, Lamar, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, News 9, OG&E, Oklahoma Firefighters Association 157, Printers of OKC, Riverwind Casino, Tapstone Energy, The Journal Record, The Oklahoman, Tyler Outdoor, United Way of Central Oklahoma and Valpak.
If you would like to join the fight against hunger in Oklahoma, donate at rfbo.org/donate
or calling 405-600-3136.