Food and product donations are crucial to the success of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma's programs, whether they come from individuals, retailers or wholesalers. More than 1,000 charitable feeding programs and schools are served by the Regional Food Bank, donations move quickly and reach a maximum number of Oklahomans in need.
Businesses can donate any shelf-stable product, including:
- Discontinued items
- Damaged product
- Slow-moving items
- Mis-rotated product
- Pack changes or reformulations
- Obsolete / discontinued promotional or end-of-season items
- Product samples
- Close dated product
- Customer turn-downs
- Unlabeled or mislabeled items
- Products with cosmetic or production errors
- Perishable product beyond retail sales that will not affect safe consumption
The Regional Food Bank is a one-stop donation center with facilities and equipment to store, maintain, transport and distribute dry, frozen, refrigerated and prepared food products. The Regional Food Bank adheres to state and local Health Department guidelines, as well as USDA and Food Industry standards. Standards for acceptance and handling of food were set in conjunction with the City/County Health Department. Both the Good Faith Donor Bill and the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act protect food donors from any liability from product donations.
Product donations also have tax incentives to donate under the Emergency Stabilization Act of 2008.
All product donation needs – from one case to a semi-trailer load – can be arranged in one call. To donate product, contact Bill Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-604-7106 or Jack Miller at email@example.com or 405-600-3156 during normal operating hours.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- The name of your company
- Amount of product to be picked up
- Date the product needs to be picked up
- Specific address and location to pick up the product
- Name and phone number of the person to contact about the donation
- Complete address where the donation receipt is to be mailed