Start making a difference today! Join the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s Hope Corps program and help our mission of "Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope."
About the Program
Hope Corps is a program for 16-18 year old high school students seeking leadership experience, non-profit volunteer experience, and a reference for future jobs/ schools. It is a 10-week internship that will engage you in activities that will develop community awareness, leadership skills, and contacts in the non-profit community.
- Summer session: June 2 - August 16 (off June 29 - July 6)
- Fall session: September 12 - December 6 (off October 13 - 26)
- Spring session: February 16 - May 2 (off March 9 - 22)
Hope Corps members commit to working one major 4-hour volunteer shift, at minimum:
- Thursday evening, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday morning, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday afternoon, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Each session will include:
- Training and overseeing volunteer groups in various projects at the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Learning how to measure the impact of your work on the issue of hunger in Oklahoma.
- Building and gaining skills in leaderships, customer service, networking, and teamwork.
Along with the application, you need to have a reference form completed and sent in (via e-mail or traditional mail). Please select a qualified individual that knows you from a leadership experience. Direct them to this website to download, complete, and submit the reference form. Click here for the reference form.
For more information contact Lacey Bagley, Volunteer Program Coordinator, at 405-600-3143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.