accepting applications for Fall Session!
The deadline for fall session applications is August 16.
High school students 16 to 18 are invited to join the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s Hope Corps program in support of its mission of "Fighting Hunger…Feeding Hope."
Hope Corps is a 10-week internship program for high school students seeking leadership and non-profit volunteer experience and may serve as a reference for future job and school applications. The program will engage students in activities to expand community awareness about the issue of hunger, develop their leadership skills, and assist them in making contacts within the non-profit community.
- Summer session: June 2 - August 16 (off June 29 - July 6)
- Fall session: September 12 - December 6 (off October 13 - 26)
- Spring session: February 16 - May 2 (off March 9 - 22)
Hope Corps members commit to working one major 4-hour volunteer shift, at minimum:
- Thursday evening, 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday morning, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday afternoon, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Each session will include:
- Training and overseeing volunteer groups in various projects at the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Learning how to measure the impact of your work on the issue of hunger in Oklahoma.
- Building and gaining skills in leaderships, customer service, networking, and teamwork.
Along with the application, you need to have a reference form completed and sent in (via e-mail or traditional mail). Please select a qualified individual that knows you from a leadership experience. Direct them to this website to download, complete, and submit the reference form. Click here for the reference form.
For more information contact Lacey Bagley, Volunteer Program Coordinator, at 405-600-3143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.